The spice of the harissa chicken is cooled by the cucumber and fresh orange slices in this flavoursome salad.
Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 people
½ tsp turmeric
1 baby cucumber
1 tsp ground coriander
20g creamed coconut
250g quinoa ready to eat
2 tsp harissa paste
2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
40g watercress, spinach & rocket mix
4 tsp oil60g radishes
1. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to create two thin fillets. Place the harissa paste in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken fillets to this bowl and coat in the harissa.
2. Preheat a frying pan on a medium heat and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side until cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cut the ends off the half cucumber. Using a peeler, slice the cucumber into long thin ribbons. Thinly slice the radishes. Peel and slice the orange into segments.
4. When the chicken has finished cooking, heat the same pan with 1 tsp oil, break up the quinoa in the pouch and add to the pan with 1 tbsp cold water and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 mins until heated through.
5. Meanwhile, to make a turmeric sauce; dissolve the creamed coconut in 30ml boiling water and mix in the ground turmeric, a generous pinch of the ground coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Place the watercress, spinach and rocket on two plates and top with the quinoa, cucumber ribbons, orange segments, sliced radishes and harissa chicken fillets. Drizzle over the turmeric sauce.
631 calories • 52g carbs • 25g fat • 52g proteinAllergens: Sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef