Nori wrapped salmon, ginger and spring onion rice
3 years agoNutrition
3 years agoNutrition
Our delicious salmon is wrapped in a sheet of nori seaweed then baked to lock in the juices. Served on a bed of fragrant ginger and spring onion rice, fresh sesame cucumber and grated carrot and a side of tamari to pour over the top.
Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 people
1 baby cucumber
250g steamed brown basmati rice
2 spring onions
2 tbsp tamari
2 tsp oil
2 tsp white sesame seeds
2 x 150g salmon fillet (skin off)
2 x nori sheets
4cm fresh ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 4.
2. To assemble the nori wrapped salmon; put the nori sheet on a flat surface, place the salmon fillet to one edge of the nori sheet, dampen your finger with a little cold water and lightly rub over the nori sheet to soften, roll up the salmon fillet (to resemble a sausage shape) then run a wet finger along one edge of the nori sheet to seal it. Tuck the loose ends underneath and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 12-13 mins until cooked through.
3. Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger. Thinly slice the spring onion. Heat a frying pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat then add the ginger and spring onion and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tbsp cold water and the rice to the pan and cook for 5 mins until piping hot.
4. Peel and grate the carrot, leave to one side.
5. Dice the baby cucumber into small cubes then place into a bowl with half of the black sesame seeds.
6. Spoon the rice into two warm bowls. Slice the salmon and place over the rice, then place the sesame cucumber and grated carrot alongside. Sprinkle the remaining black sesame seeds over the carrot. Place the tamari in a small ramekin as a dipping sauce or alternatively pour over the entire dish.
503 calories • 47g carbs • 20g fat • 38g proteinAllergens: Fish, Sesame, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef
Sign up to learn everything you need to know about CycleMapping, plus how you can live better and feel better through optimising your fitness to you.
Sign up for the very latest news on women's fitness, health and hormones, plus be the first to receive exclusive offers and extras